Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Getting into it...

Last night, all blog entries and comments were due at 8 pm. I've found I have to move that back to 7 pm, because reading and scoring 90+ blogs took far longer than I thought. It wasn't bad, it just took a while. This Sunday, I won't also have a driving question to grade, but I have told all my students I'm pushing it back to 7 pm.

I've also been talking about the importance of not waiting until the last minute. Especially with online assignments such as these (and most all of my students will use virtual learning in their future!), you have to be careful about getting assignments done on time. You could have wifi issues, Blogger could be buggy, your younger brother could be hogging the only working laptop in your house, any number of things could happen to add to your stress level and lower your grade.

This is week 2, and a lot of my students are in the "now what?" phase. They chose a passion, a driving question, did some initial research, and are now looking at me wanting to know what's next. As a teacher, I steer them in a direction, but refuse to tell them precisely what they should do, because part of this process is the learning journey itself--figuring out what to do when learning independently.


No comments:

Post a Comment